14th DIRECTING COUNCIL
15th SESSION OF THE REGIONAL COMMITTEE
Washington D.C., 16 - 25 October 1963
TASK FORCE ON HEALTH AT THE MINISTERIAL LEVEL
THE 14th DIRECTING COUNCIL,
Having considered the report (Document CD14/42) 1 of the Working Party entrusted with the
examination of the recommendations of the Meeting of the Task Force on Health at the Ministerial
Level, held in April 1963; and
Considering that the recommendations of the Task Force2 reflect a continental approach to health
that coincides with the goals and objectives expressed in the Constitution of the Pan American
Health Organization and developed through its program and budget,
1. To accept as a statement of general policy of the Pan American Health Organization all the
recommendations of the Task Force on Health at the Ministerial Level.
2. To request the Director of the Pan American Sanitary Bureau to implement without delay
Resolution XX on the rural health program for the benefit of the peoples of the Americas, in
3. To request the Director to take the necessary steps to interest the Governments in complying
with the recommendations on malaria eradication made by the Task Force on Health at the
4. To authorize the Director to take into consideration, in the implementation of the 1964
program and budget, the recommendations contained in the report of the Task Force on Health, both
on a regional and a national basis, and in accordance with the stated program priorities of the
Organization and its financial resources.
5. To instruct the Director to take the recommendations above into consideration in the planning
for the program and budget for 1965 and [subsequent years].